click to show more information

click to hide/show information About your Search

20121027
20121104
Search Results 0 to 5 of about 6 (some duplicates have been removed)
no for an answer somewhere in the federal government, they can call me personally at the white house. >> reporter: today the president visits new jersey where six days before the election, he got a pat on the back from republican rival governor chris christie. >> the president has been outstanding about this. i don't give a damn about election day. >> i don't think anybody thought much about that. >> reporter: the president is not scheduled to visit new york. >> we'd tlouf have him, but we have lots of things to do. i'm in the trying to diss him. >> reporter: after the election, we may see long lines again. early voting resumes again today in maryland and washington, d.c. with power still out, new york is looking at hand counting ballots during the election next week. new jersey may have to move some polling places in west virginia, looking at putting generators at its polling places to keep those voting machines powered. >> tracie potts for us in washington. >>> well, here is a quick look at some of the other political headlines thorng. in take, democrats are outnumbering republicans when it com
met with fema overseeing the government's plans to help states and cities. >> anything they need, we will be there. and we're going to cut through red tape. we're not going to get bogged down with a lot of rule. >> reporter: in florida he told campaign workers, turnout is the key. >> whoever is able to get their voters out will win florida. >> reporter: that could be tough in states where sandy is headed. maryland has canceled early voting and virginia, a battleground state could see power outages lasting until election day. >> several months ago and we had the third largest power outage in history but got everything back on in pretty much seven days. >> reporter: virginia is already planning to extend its hours for absentee voting and early votes, an sentys, early voting could be critical. 40% of this election it's believed will be decided before election day. we're waiting to see if sandy will let the other 60% get out and vote. >> tracie potts in washington, thank you. >>> how hurricane sanly will impact your travel plans, plus, wall street may take a walloping that will keep trad
of our government employees insurance company, or geico...as most of you know it. ...i propose savings for everyone! i'm talking hundreds here... and furthermore.. newcaster: breaking news. the gecko is demanding free pudding. and political parties that are actual parties! with cake! and presents! ah, that was good. too bad nobody could hear me. geico. fifteen minutes could save you fifteen percent or more on car insurance. >>> campaign clock is ticking down. the polls show the candidates are still neck and neck. nbc's tracie potts has all those details from washington. tracy, good morning. >> lynn, one of the latest national polls out there give president obama just a 1%age point lead nationally. that is a tie. the president heads back out today to speak with voters. president obama's back on the campaign trail today. new nbc poll show him ahead by six in iowa, three in wisconsin, and two in new hampshire. but this week he focused on new jersey. >> we're not going to tolerate red patape. >> reporter: touring storm damage with republican rival chris christie. >> i can not thank the pre
Search Results 0 to 5 of about 6 (some duplicates have been removed)